Ječná 550/1, Prague 2 - Nove Mesto >>>
Scope of study:
Course of the week (Mon-Wen), 11 meetings in 5 - 6 months time period
all teachers >>>
117 199.- Kc (incl. 21% VAT)
Included in the price:
professional program, study aids, aids to practical exercises (pencils, crayons, markers Copic markers-special for designers, papers, brushes, rulers...), time-out refreshments (coffee, tea, water, cookies etc.)
Your place in the course will be reserved after the advance payment of 25 000,- CZK on our acount 192 352800/0300 (Poštovní spořitelna). After crediting the amount to the account you will receive a written acknowledgment of receipt of your payment and registration.
Number of students:
Type of course:
Currently, there is no opened term of the course. If you are interested in the course, please register yourself through the contact form
. We will inform you about the nearest opened term to the e-mail address specified by you.
Introduction to interior design
study interior design in English
This course is designed for students who wish to achieve an overall grounding of interior design and who are considering it as a career option.
The course is taught practically through design projects developed in the studio and is supported by a series of talks that cover fundamental skills, elements of the interior (materials, furniture, original product design, art and colour), twentieth century design history and professional practice. All lectures are in English and the max. number of students in one group is 8. With such small groups, lecturers are able to approach each student individually.
What will you learn in the course?
- How to design a space, design rationale, concept x mood x sample board
- How to define a style - overview of interior styles, trends and themes
- Exploring and implementing colours – colour schemas, rules of use
- Technical drawing – how to read and draw blueprints, producing plans, planning
- Materials finishes and material specification - textile, wood
- Drawing skills using hand-sketching – how to introduce and present your design project work
- Construction and finish of furniture
- 3D visualization
- Decorations - principles, sewing, wallpaper, seasonal décor, table arrangements, bedding
- Homestaging - use of learnt skills
- Kitchen and bathroom design
- Excursion to showrooms and design shops
- Presentation of your design project work, feedback and best design work award
After your succesful presentation you will recieve a school certificate proving your knowledge in the field of interior design.
Interested in the course? Click ORDER now and we will keep you in evidence! The course will be opened in Autumn 2017 but be sure to let us know you are intrigued today - we will keep in touch and share the news.